Engagement Letters & Fees
May Figures Standard Terms of Business are available on request.
Fees – R&D Tax Credits
We do not charge set up fees, filing fees or termination of contract fees.
Fees are contingent on a successful claim – computed as a percentage of the tax refund – as claims grow, the fee rate reduces. Fees therefore reflect the work involved and are not inappropriately high.
Fees – Patent Box
Fees are contingent on a successful claim – computed as a percentage of the tax saving. We understand that we may be working alongside our client for an extended period before fees are due.
Fees – Patent Drafting Service
Fees may be charged as:
- Per diem fees, although we may delay charging the fees in the case of Tech Start-ups.
- No-win/No-fee contingent upon the success of the patent and the tax saving.
Any client or accountant is welcome to contact us at any time for a free, no-obligation review.
We can review:
- Claim reports pre-submission
- Inquiry correspondence with HMRC for a second opinion
- Tax Profiles for appropriateness of filing and R&D or Patent Box claim
- Technology for patentability or R&D Tax Credit claims