We believe we are the only firm with both taxation and patent law-qualified staff
We are headed up by two UK leading experts in the field.
Julia May is a prize-winning x-big four Chartered Accountant, Chartered Tax Adviser and Graduate Engineer.
Mark Graves is a double PhD Oxbridge Software Engineer/Patent Valuer.
We have International Corporation Tax expertise.
We have Tech Start-up/Venture Capital/Funding expertise.
We work on a no-win/no-fee basis for BOTH tax reliefs.
We do not tie clients in with long term contracts.
We are trusted by household name clients and reputable accounting firms nationwide.e
We act for clients of the big-four accountancy firms who choose us for our excellence and reasonable fees.
No HMRC Inquiries
- None of the claims filed in the last five years by MFL have been queried by HMRC
- We have uplifted claims filed by other firms following inquiries by HMRC.
- We sit on the HMRC R&D Consultative Committee and eFile Working Party
We are experts in R&D tax credits, Patent Box & EIS/SEIS reliefs
- Most R&D advisors do not offer Patent Box tax saving advice.
- Unless you are a software house unable to obtain patents, it is sensible to appoint tax advisers that handle both reliefs.
- Even if you don’t currently hold any patents, our advisors will freely assess your activities for patentability.
- SEIS/EIS reliefs can interact with the R&D policy of the company
We are experts in complex cases, often involving HMRC inquiries
- Claims involving companies who are part of a group/owned offshore
- Claims involving connected parties e.g. personal service companies of directors
- Software consulting firms claiming for client projects
- Claims partially grant funded
- Structuring companies (UK & Offshore) where the IP resides in different entities
- Claiming priority from patent applications from different regions