May Figures Ltd is a boutique firm of Chartered Accountants and Tax Advisers
We’re regulated by the Chartered Institute of Taxation (CIOT) & The Institute of Chartered Accountants of England & Wales (ICAEW) with a clear focus on Research & Development Tax Credits, Patent Box Taxation & Technology Start-ups.
Why Appoint May Figures?
We act as specialist advisors covering the technical, financial and taxation aspects for R&D Tax Credits and Patent Box Taxation on a contingent fee basis; augmenting clients’ existing accountants who retain all the non-R&D and accounting functions for their clients.
Our specialist taxation focus, experience and in-house highly qualified technical and patent law-qualified staff means we bring an exceptional level of expertise rarely seen by SME clients. We also act for many clients of the big four accounting firms, including household names.
Our principals have successfully filed over 2000 claims across a range of sectors including:
- Food Production
- Professional Services
We have extensive experience of handling HMRC enquiries into R&D Tax Claims, successfully defending and in some cases, even increasing the value of client claims which had been prepared by other advisors with us being engaged at the Enquiry stage.
We have extensive experience of ‘complex cases’ where less specialist or unregulated advisors struggle including:
- Claims involving companies who are part of a group where group taxation needs to be considered
- Claims involving connected companies including personal service companies of directors
- IT & consulting claims where the claimant receives fee income from a client on a qualifying project
- Projects involving a combination of Grant and internal funding
We believe we are the only advisory firm with both taxation and patent law-qualified staff.
We advise clients on complex Patent Box issues such as:
- Structuring companies (UK & Offshore) where the IP resides in different entities
- Claiming priority from patent applications from different regions
May Figures Ltd is a company registered in England No: 08433475 with registered office at 6B Parkway, Porters Wood, St Albans, AL3 6PA. The company holds Professional Indemnity Insurance through Hiscox Underwriting Ltd of 1 Great St Helens, London, EC3A 6HX.